Well the countdown is now unfortunately on! In 70 days time my maternity leave ends and I will be starting a brand spanking new job!
I’ve loved my maternity leave, lots of fun baby activities and long lunches & cake with new mummy friends! However I’ve probably had a little too much cake (“I’m breastfeeding so I need the extra calories”) and not enough exercise (“I’m too tired because I was up all night with Baby B”) and none of my lovely work suits fit me!!
Part of me is tempted to just go out and buy a new work wardrobe but I am not happy with my size at the moment and I also want to be fitter and healthier. It’s therefore time to stop the excuses and get off my bum & work for it!
So I’m setting myself a challenge for the next 70 days!
- I will exercise every day, even if this is just taking Baby B for a long walk
- I will take up running and sign up to run a 5k run at the end of the 70 days (I am a complete non runner!)
- I will only drink water and herbal teas when at home (no more calorie & sugar laden fizzy stuff!)
- I will limit myself to 3 naughty treats a week (rather than the 3 a day I probably have now!)
- I will provide a weekly progress update on my blog each Tuesday to motivate me to keep on track.
I will provide “starting stats” (I.e. weight & measurements) in the first weekly update next Tuesday as I want to use “proper” scales and not the temperamental ones I have at home! If I’m feeling brave then I may also provide starting pictures…..!
I’m pretty rubbish at motivation so I think writing down my intentions here and knowing that I have to report on my progress should help to keep me on track!
Is anyone else looking to lose weight at the moment? Would love to hear your top exercise and weightloss tips!